Pages

Saturday 25 October 2014

The Brief


When very first introduced to the project, we were given the umbrella theme of 'coast', however leading from that there were many very different paths to take. I chose the brief 'That's Entertainment', and the overall task was to produce a promotional campaign for coastal entertainment. 

My sketchbook opening page


I have always loved the idea of music festivals and felt this could be an original yet fun direction to go down in my project. Real life, fine drawing has never been a particular skill of mine, and I prefer typography, creating products and product promotion, as well as designing for things that I am passionate about, which is why I felt this brief would be perfect for me. 

Originally, I thought of many different types of festivals to explore - family festivals, campervan festivals, hot air balloon festivals, arts and fashion festivals and music festivals. All of the ideas I had came accompanied by many outcome and product ideas. I firstly thought of the obvious - tickets, wristbands, maps and posters- however I also had some original ideas such as line ups, VIP lanyards, website designs, clothing, bags etc. These ideas all interest me because I feel festival merchandise is important, and designing and promoting a festival well will make a big impact on how it is perceived. 

The idea for a beach music festival appeals to me most, as it would be for a target audience including my age range, 17-30, and this is one of my own individual interests therefore I can suit it to what I know I, and others similar, would enjoy, rather than working to a target audience outside my direct knowledge. I will still produce questionnaires for market research, as I understand many people want different things, and I feel it will be interesting to see how different ages would prefer different font styles, colour schemes and merchandise items. This way, I will be able to suit my festival to my entire target audience.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme