Pages

Tuesday 30 December 2014

Initial Ideas

In addition to the obvious ideas for festival merchandise, such as t-shirts and bags, which I created in the style of Rose Stallard, Jenni Sparks and Silke Werzinger, I know the importance of promotional posters for large events such as festivals. I wanted to make any outcome of a poster stand out and be eye catching and individual. I found the artist 'Jorge Restrepo' who created 'Worksite Studios' in the book 'Atlas of Graphic Designers', and thought the work would be perfect to fit around festival promotion. I created a poster in my sketchbook, taking ideas from many individual pieces of work, and felt it would work well as a mini outcome. I used collage to create this, and layered materials such as brown paper, squared and lined paper, watercolour paint and fine liner. I made  the design an original long rectangular shape, and felt it would fit well on the sides of bus stops and on buildings in big cities. I also produced a poster idea in the style of Silke Werzinger, also using collage materials.





When working with Zoe More O'Ferrall, I created map designs in my sketchbook of Brighton, festival stages and food stalls. I felt these illustrations were strong, and showed different areas of a festival well, therefore I redrew the images onto card and mounted them up.


I felt another original idea for a mini outcome would be producing the line up for a certain stage on a certain day in the form of a booklet, with designs of each individual artists face on each page and typography below stating their name. I created a prototype for this on card, then scanned in each page and printed it in a more professional manner.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme