Pages

Sunday 12 April 2015

Summary

I feel that I was very consistent with my ideas throughout this project, and knew for a long time which direction I wanted to steer my work in. Initially, I knew that I was interested in making promotional posters and festival wristbands, however I had other ideas such as tickets, bags or t-shirts. When researching artists and creating ideas based on these products, I realised that I did not want to continue these ideas to final designs.

Throughout the project, I researched many types of festival for all age ranges, from hot air balloon festivals to food and drink festivals, art to fashion, however my interest has always been in music festivals and I feel the ideas for this were stronger and more reliable.

After deciding that my firm theme was a coastal music festivals, with the main target audience from 16 to 30, I began to lay out ideas for final pieces, and create a strong brand image for my festival.

Food packaging was the first thing I researched and designed, after finding imagery in books and online of black and white patterns made out of simple individual line drawings. I decided to create a logo, which became my main brand image and I carried through the main design to all of my outcomes. I had issues designing my drinks cups, as I wanted to create two, a small and large size, however creating the template to fit perfectly proved difficult and I had to use trial and error to get the correct sizes.

When creating my posters, I took many photos of my models in order to choose the correct ones to illustrate. I had to ensure that the colours I chose all complimented each other well, as they were documented alongside each other. I feel the font worked well with the illustration, as it was quirky and stylish, and this stood out. I printed my posters onto fine quality A3 paper and stuck my illustrations and font on top, to create a range of materials and layers. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme