Pages

Sunday 12 April 2015

Reviewing and Refining Ideas

I experimented with many font ideas in my sketchbook for my poster, to find one that stood out and fitted my theme and my target audience perfectly. I felt the different fonts for each letter in my Wonksite Studio research worked well and looked abstract and individual, standing out well on the page, therefore I decided to carry this through to a poster for a final outcome. Originally, I planned on using a single font in a grey cardboard material, similar to my Silke Werzinger poster idea, however I felt it was too bland for a lively, exciting poster. When creating the poster, I used sticky pads to stick on the letters, so they are 3D and are more eye catching in black and white on top of the coloured background.

I then illustrated three people in Sarah Beetsons style, using watercolour on only a few parts of the drawing, to be used to promote the festival on the poster. I photographed models who were in the target age range, to draw the correct people in and interest them.



I used my mini outcome design in the style of Sarah Beetson, showing people at festivals which I created with fineliner and watercolour to place in the background of both my posters and wristbands, in order to carry through my previous ideas into my final pieces. I faded it into the background to make my outcomes look busier and more colourful, and combine artist ideas.



Another large part of my final outcome idea was food packaging. I used a pattern artist and took inspiration to create simple line drawings of things you find at festivals, arranged into a tight, consistent pattern. I created an initial idea, then adapted it to improve it, using photoshop to duplicate it and make it larger. I created drinks cups, cup holders, toastie bags, a pizza box, burger wrap and stickers with this design applied. I went through the stages of creating a logo for my food stall which I decided to call 'grub hub', and after many experiments, I used the idea of a record influenced by Kavel Rafferty.



When I created wristbands as a final outcome, I used the same text as my posters to link everything together and set a main theme and idea for my festival. I also carried through the logo design from my food packaging, however using the title 'On the Rocks', the name of my festival, rather than 'Grub Hub'. I created an Over 18 and VIP wristband, using the same design however replacing 'On the Rocks' with the correct title. I feel this sets a firm theme throughout the entire festival, giving it a consistent brand image.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme